Saturday, April 11, 2015

Visit in Palm Springs and then home

I spend a week in Palm Springs with my sister and my parents trying to figure out what to do next.  My dad is afraid that I will get nothing and that my plans won't work out.  He wants me to get an attorney (I'm a paralegal and he is a lawyer so I don't think this is necessary).  I think I can do it myself because I used to do bankruptcy and divorce as a paralegal when I was younger.  I think that is why I thought about getting a separation agreement.  I'm really glad that I got one because during the summer before we got a final agreement, things were very much up in the air.  We are also broke and I know that an attorney is just going to be an extra expense.  Filing is around $300 and then I have to go to two separate classes (one for divorce and kids and another for not having an attorney represent you. I leave Palm Springs thinking I am in a good place and that after his hospital experience, he is ready to start working at our marriage and make his apologies for messing up.  Boy, was I wrong.  But I digress.

I arrive home to love and kisses.  My daughter is home now, too and we are trying to move on.  Before she gets back from New Orleans, I sit down with David and make sure he brings home divorce papers.  I have him sign off on the Separation Agreement I have to make on my own (not sure if it is a legally binding agreement at this point).  He isn't really helping with anything and keeps saying he doesn't want to get divorced and wants to be with his family now.  I want to make sure it is all legally binding so I get all the divorce papers signed around and go down to file around the first part of April (only about 3 weeks after all this came to light).  All my friends and some of my family thought I was crazy to move so quickly but I was acting on my gut and my gut was telling me that this life he said he wanted to continue to build with me was a lie.  I have since learned that my gut never lets me down.  Listen to you gut.  While I was in Palm Springs, my sister suggested that I get a reading from our friend, Patti.  She does astrological readings and I gave her a call.

We schedule a call and I go and try to find a quiet place for us to talk (which is nearly impossible in this little house plus my daughter has a friend over and they are watching movies in the next room).  I try to talk quietly but I'm sure some of it was overheard???  I actually liked the reading, which says better days are coming and financial security is coming in the next few months as well as a definite shift for the better within 3 years.  If we stay together it will end up like we are ghosts living in the same house but not really together.  The relationship is over and I need to take care of myself.  He has been lying to me and I will discover many more lies over the next few months.  Well, at least I can count on financial security.

I ponder over the divorce filing and wonder if I am doing the right thing.  I decide to ride things out and see what happens.  If it works out, I can always get remarried but for now, I work at making things pleasant at home and hope that we can work things out.  I don't want to hate anyone.  I also don't want to be with someone that doesn't want me.  I want to end things as friends if nothing else.  I want him to be able to still care for us so he won't completely abandon us for this woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment